A fire broke out at 2 Sisters’ Fox’s Biscuits factory in Uttoxetter, Staffordshire on December 5, 2016, sending two engineers to hospital with smoke inhalation.

Three crews from Uttoxeter, Abbots Bromley and Longton were called and rushed to the scene at 12.29pm, and at 12.50pm two ambulances, a paramedic, and a paramedic officer were also called in.

FoodManufacture.co.uk quoted a Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman saying that they were the first at the scene at 12.29pm and left at 14.17pm. The site was evacuated safely.

Said the West Midlands Ambulance Service: “[We were] called at 12.50pm to reports of a building on fire. Two ambulances, a paramedic and paramedic officer were sent to the scene.

“Two patients were treated on scene before being taken to Burton’s Queen’s Hospital with smoke inhalation. Their condition is not thought to be life-threatening.”

Actually, the two engineers who suffered smoke inhalation were hospitalized as a precautionary measure.

According to Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service the cause of the fire was “accidental ignition” adding that there was “nothing further on that at the moment”.

According to 2 Sisters, the fire was believed to have started in an oven. At that time, it was too early to determine the extent of the resultant damage as evaluation and assessment was still going on.  However, the staff resumed production shortly afterwards.